In exchange for this unbiased review, I received an RV surge protector at no cost to me.
An RV surge protector is an essential accessory you will want to have. It protects your RV’s electrical and electronic system from a potentially damaging power surge.
In this review, I’ll look at the ATGFOX 30 amp RV surge protector from RVS Defender.
Let’s get started…
What’s in the Package?
Inside the package, you will find the surge protector and a waterproof bag.
- CIRCUIT ANALYZER - Allows you to test the quality of your power before connecting your RV, by verifying if the power source is correctly wired and by helping detect most wiring faults....
- EASY TO USE - This Smart 30 Amp RV Power Surge Protector has a 3.55-inch informative LED screen clearly to show circuit analyze status. You can easy know the fault indication from the...
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Paid Affiliate Link / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The ATGFOX surge protector is rated at 30 amps. At the moment, the company does not have a 50-amp model. It is rated at 4100-joule surge protection, which is adequate protection for the typical electronic components you will find in an RV.
RV surge protectors are rated in joules, indicating how much energy the surge protector can take before it fails. The higher the joule rating, the greater the protection provided.
This unit falls somewhere in the middle of the range. I’ve seen some at 2100 joules and 6500 joules.
The unit measures 3.74 x 4.5 x 21.5 inches with the standard 30-amp plug B.
The ATGFOX features a built-in circuit analyzer. This feature is a must-have on any RV surge protector you purchase.
It’s not uncommon to find faulty wiring at a campsite. Plugging into shore power, not knowing if the wiring is correct, may damage your electrical system.
The circuit analyzer will indicate if there is a fault with the wiring. It does so using a small display on the face of the surge protector.
The included waterproof bag has an IP67 waterproof rating. Properly securing will prevent dust and rain from entering the unit.
How To use
Using the ATGFOX is super easy. Three steps are all it takes.
- Plug the RV surge protector into a 30-amp shore power pedestal.
- Press the “ON” button on the face of the surge protector to read the analyzer display. It should read “Correct Wiring AC Surge Protection.”
- Plug your RV 30-amp cord into the surge protector and press the “ON” button. It should read “Correct Wiring AC Surge Protection.”
I’ve had the ATGFOX 30-amp RV surge protector plugged into my shore power, and it has worked as described. Though we have not had any power surges, I’m confident that our RV electrical system and electronics will be protected if we do.
The only thing I didn’t like was that it did not have a plastic cover like my other surge protectors. The included bag should work fine, but it’s not my preference.