RV LIFE, a Texas limited liability company (“RV LIFE”) operates an online network of websites and desktop and mobile software applications (collectively referred to herein as the “Application”).
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
In general, you can browse our Application without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (“Personal Information”). Generally, this information is requested when you become a member of one of our Applications or contact us for information.
Additional details about the type of information we may collect from you are described in the following section.
What is the source of your personal information?
RV LIFE may collect information from you in several different ways including the following:
- i) Registration. In order to use the services offered by our Application, you may be required to create an account with us. During the registration process, you are required to give certain contact information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, birthday, and mailing address. We use this information to contact you about the services on our Application in which you have expressed interest and to facilitate future related services.
- ii) Log Files. As is true of most websites and applications, our Application gathers certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and movements around the application, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
iii) Correspondence. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- iv) Supplementation of Information. In order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the personal information you submitted to us with information from third-party sources.
- Application Usage. RV LIFE may monitor your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address) relating to your use of our Application and/or services and log this information. This information may be used to diagnose the Application’s technical problems or problems with your account and to enhance your experience in using our Application.
- Service-related Announcements. We may send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to delete your account.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Application content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Application.
- Pixels Tags and Web Beacons. RV LIFE may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Application, or we may allow third parties to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the Application, or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a non-personally identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Application, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing and advertising partners for the same purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Application. Some features of the Application may cease to be available to you.
Who is collecting the data?
RV LIFE and collaborating third parties in order to provide service to our users, including the following:
CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”)
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, click here https://www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a) Assessing an application for a product or service you hold with us, including considering whether or not to offer you the product, the price, the payment methods available and the conditions to attach
b) Managing products and services you hold with us, or an application for one
c) Sharing your personal information with third party service providers when you subscribe as needed to help provide you the service
d) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including inquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
e) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a product and/or service, particular payment method and the price or terms of this
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records, and contacting you about your account (where appropriate)
b) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practices of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
e) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
f) To administer our good governance requirements, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration
g) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
h) For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels
j) Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
j) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
k) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organizations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent:
a) For some direct marketing communications
b) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
c) For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health, if you are a vulnerable customer or some criminal records information
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application for a product or service, including considering whether or not to offer you the product or service, the price, the risk of doing so, availability of payment method and the terms
- Managing the product or service you have with us
- Updating your records
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To make automated decisions on whether to offer you a product or service, or the price, payment method, risk or terms of it
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
- To follow guidance and best practices under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- To administer our good governance requirements such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and services. We’ll send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels).
- To provide personalized content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
- To share information, as needed, with business partners (for example, financial services institutions, insurers), account beneficiaries, service providers or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business
How Long Do We Retain Your Data?
We typically maintain your data for as long as you use our Application and/or our services. We also reserve the right to retain any/all data from our users and former users indefinitely unless/until the user requests the removal of their personally identifiable information as defined in our Terms, or in the event we are legally required to remove the data, whichever occurs first.
We will generally only retain your Personal Information for so long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, as set out under this section above. However, in the following circumstances, we may be required to retain, preserve or disclose your Personal Information for a longer period of time:
- in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- in order to comply with a court order, subpoena or other legal processes;
- in response to a request by a government authority, law enforcement agency or similar body (whether situated in your jurisdiction or elsewhere);
- where we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations; or
When and How Do We Disclose Collected Information
- Information from the Application. RV LIFE will never disclose to non-affiliated third parties without your prior approval, your email address, phone number, or other personally identifiable information, that we collect via our Application. However, we reserve the right to outsource certain activities to our business partners. In such case, we will disclose to these business partners only such information as is required to facilitate your transactions, and we will make every effort to have our business partners protect and refrain from disclosing your information to other third parties.
- Information Disclosed for Direct Marketing. From time to time, as marketing opportunities arise with trusted third-party companies, RV LIFE may share your demographical information after a diligent review of the offers. Sharing information will be done only through reputable third parties who have safeguards in place. RV LIFE screens all companies who request information and reserves the right of refusal on any opportunity if the third party does not meet certain standards. RV LIFE will also cross market between its affiliated companies and others. However, our customers should be assured that at no time will personal e-mails be shared. Furthermore, you have the ability to opt-in for any third-party offers. For more information on our opt-in arrangement, please review the section entitled “Choice/Opt-Out.”
- Law Enforcement. RV LIFE, however, will cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries, such as fraud investigations and subpoenas, and will disclose your information when necessary to comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
RV LIFE is committed to ensuring that your registration information is protected while you are on our Site. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, during transmission and once we receive it. Our goal is to provide a high-quality service with the best possible online experience.
This includes procedures followed by our personnel to prevent data loss or theft, physical security of our servers and information stores and electronic security such as firewalls, password-protected databases and secure connections. RV LIFE may use certain third parties for services such as advertising, marketing and order fulfillment. We strive to work with third parties whose privacy policies and security practices are similar to our own.
You should be aware, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet, sent through the mail or stored on a computer is 100% secure and that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while in transmission to us. Public computers in particular should never be considered secure. You should never give out Personal Information on the Application, or its message board, in chat rooms and other publicly viewable locations. In addition, there exist malicious programs, typically called computer viruses or trojan horses, which can be used to capture information off your computer’s hard drive or while you are entering it into a web form or sending it by email. You should always use the appropriate anti-virus and personal security technology to protect yourself. Lastly, if you have been assigned a login ID and/or password for use on an RV LIFE system, you should never give out that information to others.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Your Rights Regarding the Data We Collect.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire some or all of our services, you may correct, update or delete by accessing the “Contact Us” link and submitting a request through the RV LIFE Support Center.
Children 18 Years of Age and Younger. You must be 18 or over to use the Application. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our application, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
- Limitations of Warranties and Remedies. To the full extent allowed by law, RV LIFE disclaims all warranties, terms or conditions, express or implied, either in fact or by operation of law, statutory or otherwise, including warranties, terms, or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and warranty of non-infringement. RV LIFE neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any other liability in connection with SERVICES FROM RV LIFE THROUGH THE COMMUNITY WEBSITES. liability OF RV LIFE will not exceed the fee paid by the customer for the PURCHASE of the products. In no event will RV LIFE nor its affiliates, employees, agents, directors, officers, or owners be liable for any incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages, including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, even if RV LIFE has, or should have had, any knowledge, actual or constructive, of the possibility of such damages.
- Additional Provisions Regarding Liability. The parties agree that the foregoing limitations will not be read so as to limit any liability to an extent that would not be permitted under applicable law and specifically will not limit any liability for gross negligence, intentional tortious or unlawful conduct, or damages for strict liability that may not be limited by law.
2600 E Southlake Blvd, Suite 120-361
Southlake, Texas 76092
Email: [email protected]
- Business Transition. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.